CVS/pharmacy carries beauty supplies at affordable prices – and remember, CVS/pharmacy offers a 100% money back guarantee on all beauty and CVS Brand items (even opened!).
1. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: Generous application of lotion and moisturizers is essential to keeping your skin healthy during the dry winter months. Use a heavy lotion aimed at extra-dry skin to help trap moisture in – make sure you buy one that’s non-comedogenic so you won’t have that heavy feeling afterwards. CVS/pharmacy Vitamin E Plus Moisturizing Cream has cocoa butter and antioxidant vitamins A, D, and E.
2. Nice and Easy: Be sure to exfoliate skin, but do so gently! If your skin is dray, tight, and flakey, it means you have a build-up of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. Scrub those away with a gentle exfoliator (stay away from sea-salt and harsh scrubs), and follow with a soothing moisturizer. Try the CVS/pharmacy Luminous Daily Scrub with soy extracts.
3. Veggie Power: Skin makes less oil in the winter; a great treatment for dryness is Carrot Seed Oil (Daucus Carota Sativa), which is rich in beta-carotene as well as vitamins B, C, D and E. It’s most useful as a skin rejuvenator; it stimulates cell growth and improves the complexion of the skin, due to its strengthening effect on red blood cells, while toning the skin and increasing elasticity and firmness. A great way to get the benefits of Carrot Seed Oil is with CVS/pharmacy Brand Soft Skin Spray.
4. Think Tropical: A small humidifier can make a world of difference – it not only keeps skin happier, but also perks up plants and banishes static cling.
5. Snow Angel: Don’t forget the sunscreen – even though it’s not warm out, skin can still be damaged – especially if there’s snow on the ground. For your face (which may be the only skin uncovered!) use CVS/pharmacy Brand Oil Free Faces sunscreen – developed specially for faces, the light formula won’t clog pores or cause irritation. Protect lips, too, with a lip product containing SPF, like Chap-Block Lip Balm Ultra-30 from CVS/pharmacy.